Sunday, April 7, 2013

Flipped Learning...

Hi everyone! It has been a while since my last post and a lot has happened since!  I have four weeks of field left, I have enjoyed being in the field.  Every day I leave learning something new, taking away an idea whether it is to try a new approach at a lesson, or thinking of a way to adjust my classroom management.  When I first started, it was chaos.  The students didn't listen to me, to them it was play time.  Now, I have the class's attention, they complete their work, and they aim to please me.  It has been a fun, rewarding, an interesting time.


In Tech...




Here is the video...
 
We have been working these flipped lessons for what seems like an eternity now...I was pleased with mine, but I think I definitely could have made a few adjustments.  I think my level with the camera was off, I should have been a little higher, my writing could have been neater, no yellow marker, and I definitely should have redid my makeup...  It was kind of confusing, trying to take a different approach to teaching a lesson other than I normally would teach it.  I just honestly feel that flipped learning is not an approach I would take in ECE.  I would not want to learn like this, I am a hands on paper and pencil sort of person.  I am also not the neatest writer, so the more I can type and print out, the better for me. I do not think it is practical, but to each his own.  I decided to flip a lesson that I had already completed in field, Leprechaun Shop...





1 comment:

  1. It is a good thing you are taking many ideas from your field so you know what works and what doesn't work in your future classroom. Nice video!

    ReplyDelete